Sa Sínia, close to
Plaça dels Hostals, is a restored seventeenth century stone well. On the basis of the enormous
that form the internal walls, historians theorise that the well may
origins in the Talayot Era, a megalithic Mediterranean civilisation
flourished between 1500 BC and the Roman Conquest.
The Monastery of the Order
of the Minims dates from the seventeenth century. Its cloisters shelter
boundary cross from Alaró, and there is a small museum
ornaments and religious articles belonging to the Conrado family.
The Gothic reredos is the
town’s most important work of art. In 1390, the town had to
sell a horse and an
ass in order to pay its painter! It can be seen in the Town Hall.